Garlic and Beer Braised Beef Sandwiches
<< Back [ Print Recipe ]
Long slow cooking brings out the sweetness in garlic leaving the heat behind.
- 2 heads garlic, peeled but cloves left whole
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 (24 oz.) Thousand Hills Cattle Company boneless beef chuck roast
- salt and pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 bottle good quality beer (about 3/4 cup)
- 6 ciabatta rolls
- In a slow cooker place celery, carrot, and onion in the bottom. Season the beef well with salt and pepper. Place on top of the vegetables. Arrange the garlic around the roast. Pour beer around roast and place bay leaves on top. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or on high 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the beef from the cooker and place in a large bowl; discard bay leaves. Use two forks to shred beef into bite sized pieces.
- Blend vegetables into the juices with an immersion blender or potato masher. Stir beef back into the sauce. Taste and add salt or pepper if needed.
- Pile the beef onto rolls to serve.
Makes 6 sandwiches
This also works great with beef brisket.
In the winter this would be cozy spooned over mashed potatoes or noodles.