Perfectly Roasted Prime Rib
<< Back [ Print Recipe ]
Scott Pampuch, Director of Culinary Operations / Chef / Restaurant Consultant - Mise en Place Consulting, uses Thousand Hills Cattle Company 100% Grass Fed Boneless Standing Prime Rib Roast in combination with the following ingredients and preparation techniques to create the perfect Prime Rib Roast meal:
- 1 standing prime rib roast
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- 2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. celery salt
- 2 tbsp. Tarragon
- 2 tbsp instant minced onion
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tbsp, plus 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Remove roast from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- To help the rub adhere to the meat, liberally moisten a paper towel with water and lightly wet the meat or use a very light coating of oil.
- Starting with the underside of the prime rib roast, rub the mixture over the meat. Try to get as much of the mixture to adhere as possible. Turn meat over and rub over the sides and top (fat side) of roast.
- Place roast on a flat wire in roasting pan.
- Bake at 500° for 5 minutes for each pound of meat, next turn the oven off. Don’t open the door (this is important) for 2 hours. The meat should be done.